Central Processing Coordinator
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: September 18, 2022
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian
Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of
our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every
day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health
teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities,
our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your
skills in multiple settings while building your career all within
New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Central Processing Coordinator oversees day-to-day operation of
the instrument processing and case cart assembly areas.
A day in the life of a Central Processing Coordinator at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
* Oversees the case cart assembly area by communicating with O.R.
Booking, Distribution, and Instrument Processing to complete case
* Completes all Emergency Case Cart checklists daily and
coordinates the delivery of instruments and supplies to the
* Maintains adequate supply of instruments, manual count sheet
logs, and implants and re-orders as needed.
* Assures all instruments are available for both elective and
emergency cases and tracks instrument sets between multiple
* Ensures proper processing and cleaning of all instruments and
equipment including: decontamination, processing and
* Provides for Infection Control and oversees sterilizer cleaning,
testing, and records to ensure continuous improvement in the
sterile processing functions and maintain statistics.
* Coordinates continuing education and inservices for department
personnel with CPD Nurse Coordinator.
* Involved in hiring, training and evaluation of staff. 9. Adheres
to standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 4 years of experience in instrument processing.
* Specialty Team Leader.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
* Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Certification
Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths
and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Central Processing Coordinator, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!