LCSW-Diabetes (Physician Practice)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing
the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care
and coaching each and every day. Through the comprehensive care we
provide, we are confident that you will be able to apply your
skills while building your career within New Jerseys premier
healthcare system. The LCSW provides treatment to patients
utilizing a variety of modalities as a member of the clinical
treatment team of the assigned unit. This position also coordinates
the care and management of patients and family members as well as
bringing cases to final disposition and is primarily responsible
for development and implementation of social work programs in their
assigned unit. Responsibilties: A day in the life of a Licensed
Clinical Social Worker at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provides a comprehensive assessment of patient's psychosocial
needs, develops treatment plans and treatment plan reviews based on
findings and according to department policy.
- Provides effective treatment to patients, whether assessment or
therapy, and shares and interprets information to staff, families,
and/or other approved agencies.
- Completes written reports in a timely fashion as required.
- Provides psychotherapeutic services to patients in accordance
with Licensure regulations defined by the Board of Social Work
Examiners and obtains and interprets information in terms of
patient needs, knowledge of growth and development, and an
understanding of the range of treatment required for that age
- Provides individual and psychotherapeutic services in
accordance with current standards of practice, as developed by
professional and licensing organizations, and defined and
interpreted by supervisor. -
- Provides case management services for comprehensive
- Complies with unit practice standards relating to case
management including addressing family and community resources,
eligibility for entitlement programs, and other health care
- Provides instruction to patients and families related to
illness and expectations of treatment addressing their learning
needs and learning style.
- Integrates discharge planning into ongoing treatment to assure
a continuity of care for patient upon completion of treatment.
- Functions collaboratively with treatment team members to
enhance service to patients.
- Maintains patient records as required by law and Medical Center
- Assists other mental health professionals in expediting
emergencies and/or functions as co-therapist in special
- Provides a comprehensive assessment of patient's mental health
- Has a working knowledge of various community agencies and
resources and refers patients when appropriate.
- Delivers and documents all care in an efficient and productive
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or
primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.). 17. Adheres to the standards
identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Masters degree in social work.
- Minimum of 3 years experience delivery psychosocial in either
an inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Trained in individual and group psychotherapy techniques.
- Knowledge of psychopathology and differential diagnosis and
treatment techniques. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred: Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ Licensed Clinical Social Worker. - If you feel that the
above description speaks directly to your strengths and
capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , LCSW-Diabetes (Physician Practice), Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!