Contact Center Representative
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: November 16, 2022
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian
Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our
hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our
long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete
spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in
multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Contact Center Representative will handle multi-channel
requests in a fast-paced centralized contact center environment,
interacting with patients, families and clinical staff to schedule
appointments, register patients and handle other medical requests.
This role interacts with a diverse customer base to assist with
questions, concerns or problems with a focus on first contact
resolution, providing exceptional customer service, striving to
anticipate and meet the needs of HMH consumers, treating all
consumers and colleagues with dignity and respect, and working
collaboratively to achieve quality and performance standards.
This position will require a hybrid schedule with both on-site work
required at our Neptune, NJ location as well as off-site remote
work available. Coverage and schedules will be created between
6:45am-7pm Monday through Friday, as well as Saturdays from
7:45am-1:30pm ( on a rotating basis as needed).
On-site training will be required for the first few weeks of
A day in the life of a Contact Center Representative at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
* Answer incoming calls, emails and chats to accurately schedule,
re-schedule, or cancel appointments according to guidelines and
* Perform new patient pre-registration. Positively verifies/updates
patient identity, demographics, insurance and all other data as
* Collaborate with patients, medical practices and various
insurance companies to ensure that authorizations are obtained in a
* Ensures accuracy in all required demographic, financial,
referral/authorization, clinical, and other registration data is
accurately scheduled, collected, verified, and communicated.
* Utilize current Electronic Health Record (Epic) to perform
transactions and accurately and efficiently document and route
messages to the appropriate practice.
* Respond to patient portal requests and educates patients on the
use and benefits of the patient portal.
* Assists with locating a primary care or specialty provider with
appropriate referrals within the health system.
* Collaborates, communicates and coordinates to create a positive
* Assists patients with any questions and resolves calls with
minimal outside direction by researching and exploring answers,
alternative solutions, implementing solutions, and escalating
* Required to meet specific performance metrics of productivity and
* Adheres to all established workflows, scripting, and department
* Demonstrates appropriate customer-care skills such as empathy,
active listening, courtesy, politeness, helpfulness and other
skills as identified to interact with a variety of customers
including patients, practice staff, physicians, colleagues and
* Performs other job-related duties as required.
* Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
* Contacts: Regular contact with patients, practice staff,
physicians, colleagues and leaders.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Minimum of 1 year of previous experience working in a customer
service, customer facing (i.e., retail or hospitality) or call
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
* Strong telephone soft skills gained from prior customer/patient
experience in a similar call center role.
* Possess a true patient first attitude, and a passion for
assisting patients and delivering a differentiating patient
experience on every contact.
* Clear speaking voice.
* Outstanding work ethic and strong adherence to shift schedule
(may include overtime and weekend work).
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
* Associate's or Bachelors' Degree.
* 1 year of healthcare experience as a Medical assistant or
assisting patients in any capacity.
* 2 years of previous experience working in an inbound call center
* Previous experience using EPIC system.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, hospital systems, and insurance
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Contact Center Representative, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!