Company: Hackensack Public Schools
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Hackensack High School
HACKENSACK PUBLIC SCHOOLS
2022 - 2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Description: Cleans facilities/grounds and performs simple repairs to provide a safe, attractive, and clean environment for learning.
1. Follows work schedules and temporary work schedules assigned by the Head Custodian and/or Principal of the school.
2. Keeps assigned areas of the buildings and grounds, (including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas) neat, clean, and safe; completing the tasks outlined in the Custodial Services Plan for the building.
3. Performs assignments ensuring all schools and district sites are safe to open and function when assigned. This includes working cooperatively with custodial employees during emergency operations.
4. Cleans up body fluids from a sick or injured person, following prescribed procedures.
5. Removes snow and ice by shoveling, plowing, and/or sanding walks, driveways, parking areas, and steps.
6. Checks regularly the security of the building and ensure that all exit doors are operational and all panic hardware is working when the building is occupied.
7. Remove graffiti immediately.
8. Reports any damage, vandalism, or theft of equipment immediately.
9. Serves in the school assigned, substituting in another school when necessary, and remains on school premises during assigned hours, unless assigned to another site.
10. Removes trash daily and complies with all laws, regulations, and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash and waste.
11. Maintains an adequate supply of cleaning chemicals, requesting replacements in a timely fashion. Stores supplies and chemicals in a safe and approved manner.
12. Move furniture, equipment, supplies, and deliveries as required and requested.
13. Reports needed repairs promptly.
14. Changes light bulbs whenever any are in need of replacement.
15. Performs specialized cleaning of facilities during the summer months or when school is not in session.
16. Participates in safety and Right To Know training.
17. Maintains a safe working condition and operates all equipment necessary safely to carry out job functions and responsibilities.
18. Makes recommendations for improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of custodial operations of the school.
19. Displays a cooperative and pleasant attitude at all times, particularly when in the presence of staff, students, and community visitors.
20. Notifies and assists the administration and appropriate emergency personnel in an emergency, and potentially dangerous or unusual situations, following Policy and Regulation 8441, Care of Ill and Injured Pupils. Assists with emergency evacuations and drills.
21. Uses computers and/or electronic equipment to fulfill job functions.
22. Protects confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties, and uses discretion when sharing any such information within legal confines.
23. Serves as a role model for students and staff in demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, and an effective work ethic.
24. Participates in appropriate in-service and workshop programs and attends any required meetings.
25. Displays the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies associated with the school.
26. Adheres to federal statutes and regulations, New Jersey school law, construction codes, State Board of Education rules and regulations, Board of Education policies and procedures, and contractual obligations.
27. Performs any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by the Business Administrator, and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
28. All other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
Working Conditions: Hackensack High School
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of this position.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made while performing this job, the staff member shall:
1. Sitting, standing and walking for required periods of time.
2. Speaking, listening and visual acuity.
3. Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to adjust focus.
4. Able to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
5. Use strength to lift and/or move up to a maximum of 20 pounds to perform the functions of the job.
6. Reaching, lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling, finger dexterity, and repetitive motions, to handle objects and operate tools, computers, and/or controls.
The environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive.
1. Exposure to a variety of childhood and adult diseases and illnesses.
2. Occasional exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
3. Exposure to heated/air conditioned and ventilated facilities.
4. Exposure to a building in which a variety of chemical substances are used for cleaning, instruction, and/or operation of equipment.
5. Function in a workplace that is usually moderately quiet but that can be noisy at times.
Salary: As per HBOE/HCMA Agreement
Application Process: Apply online via Frontline/AppliTrack
Selection Procedure: Applications will be reviewed and a recommendation made to the Superintendent of Schools for Board approval.
Keywords: Hackensack Public Schools, Hackensack , Part-time Custodian, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
here to apply!