Company: Veolia Environnement SA
Posted on: September 15, 2023
About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a
full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services,
including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous
waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource
recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher
education and municipality customers throughout North America.
Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than
10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the
continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com.
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off
policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In
addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer
sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for
employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective
The position will be responsible for maintaining, optimizing, and
ensuring standardization of the geodatabases for Veolia North
America. The GIS Administrator will work with the Corporate GIS
Director, IT, the managed services provider, and the business to
complete change requests within scope, on-time, and within the
established governance rules and best practices of database
management. This position will also serve as technical SME
regarding the GIS architecture and geodatabase administration for
projects that have a dependency on GIS.
- Oversee geodatabase administration in production, staging, and
- Routine geodatabase maintenance including field additions,
schema changes, rebuilding geometric networks, and domain
- Create and register new geodatabases with the Portal
- Onboard new geodatabases, registering them with Enterprise
Portal, and onboard new users to the AWS editing environment.
- Use ArcGIS Monitor to identify inefficiencies and analyze
results to develop strategies for optimizing the enterprise GIS
- Install, provision, and revoke GIS software in Amazon Workspace
or on local desktop.
- Maintain Enterprise GIS licensing and ArcGIS online user
accounts, including conducting annual GIS license audits and
- Provides technical insight and recommendations to determine GIS
policies, goals, and objectives.
- Provide technical assistance and support for GIS interfaces and
connectivity to outside applications and GIS mobile
- Create, deploy, and maintain scripts related to automated tasks
that are required to support business workflows.
- Automate routine GIS administration activities and tasks.
- Sets up replication and ETL processes to sync database systems
- Will be the first point of contact for weekend support in the
event of an emergency (rare). Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 5- 7 years of experience in GIS, versioned geodatabase
administration experience in a multi-user environment, advanced
knowledge of the ESRI suite of products
- 3-5 years of experience scripting repetitive task solutions
using ArcPy package, Python, ArcGIS API, and SQL.
- Experience working for Utility is preferred, but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of designing and managing relational
databases including Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle in an Amazon
Web Services environment.
- Advanced expertise in making standardized schema changes across
multiple, versioned geodatabases.
- Experience with the administration, configuration, deployment
and maintenance of enterprise GIS technologies such as ESRI's
ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise (Web Adaptor, Server).
- Advanced skills in programming languages and data formats such
- Knowledge of cyber-security practices.
- Excellent ability to express himself/herself orally and in
writing; professional poise and excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and
- The ability to communicate technical information to
- Knowledge of APIs.
- Advanced knowledge of the creation and management of all
products in the ESRI suite including Portal server, ArcGIS Online,
Field Maps, Survey123, and Operation dashboards.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Insights preferred, but not required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits
information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company
reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject
to applicable law.
Keywords: Veolia Environnement SA, Hackensack , GIS Administrator, Other , Paramus, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!