Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Hackensack University Med Cntr
Part-time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
Weekends as Needed
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
No Holidays Required
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At
Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better,
healthier lives - and we help one another to succeed. With a
culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are
team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning.
It's also about how we support one another and how we show up for
our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our
mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive
change. The Health Educator performs community assessment/data
collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on health
promotion to provide educational programs in the community and
A day in the life of an Health Educator at Hackensack Meridian
- Participates in assessment of health
education needs and identification of target populations based on
New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services Community
- Assesses and updates annual community needs assessment.
- Provides structured programs in accordance with community
health education needs.
- Identification and involvement of local leadership in the
planning and implementation and maintenance of needed health
- Assists community organizations, corporations, and Boards of
Health in developing and improving their health education
- Prepares written health education plans with measurable
objectives for the six components, basis on the Health promotion
- Interprets objectives, standards and policies of local health
departments to residents and organizations.
- Prepares press releases and information about health education
- Prepares pamphlets, brochures, flyers and marketing materials
describing health education activities.
- Evaluates and reports success in achieving predetermined health
- Prepares and writes detailed report utilizing appropriate
formats regarding health promotion programs to boards of health and
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field, including, but not
limited to, health education, community health, nursing and/or
public health from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in health
- Complete continuing education contact hours annually in
accordance with the requirements of the National Commission for
Health Education Credentialing, Inc.Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Health Education Specialist.
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state.If you feel that the
above description speaks directly to your strengths and
capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Health Educator, Other , Maywood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!