Certified Tumor Registrar
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: October 12, 2019
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our
hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our
long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete
spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in
multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Certified Tumor Registrar collects necessary data by
abstracting oncology charts under the direction of the Supervisor
of the Tumor Registry.
A day in the life of a Certified Tumor Registrar at Hackensack
Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Reviews the medical records for each eligible patient by
analyzing the patient history, physical exam, diagnostic tests,
staging, medical and nursing care to complete the abstract in
accordance with ACOS Cancer Program standards, and state
2. Maintains abstracting productivity and quality rates that is
compatible to the organization and national established
3. Assists in systematic methods of case finding. Enters and/or
updates cases in the suspense database.
4. Assists in maintaining a follow up program for the life of all
required abstracts by reviewing hospital documentation, contacting
physicians, state offices and possibly patients for current follow
up information. Enters this data into microcomputer for further
5. Participates in ongoing PCE studies for the American College of
6. May be responsible to attend and assist in setting up on campus
7. Demonstrates knowledge and skills to operate cancer registry
software to perform job.
8. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.)
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or
primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
9. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Successful completion at minimum an Associate's degree or
equivalent (60 college level credits including 2 semesters of
Anatomy & Physiology) effective 1/1/2010 OR Certificate in Cancer
Registry Management or Cancer Information Management form a
2. Minimum of 1 year in a related field; cancer, nursing, medical
records, or health science.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Knowledge in tumor registry operations, tumor staging,
diagnostic tests and treatments.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Certified Tumor Registrar.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Certified Tumor Registrar, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!