Supervisor, Revenue Cycle/Reconciliation
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: November 4, 2019
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of
our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every
day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health
teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities,
our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your
skills in multiple settings while building your career all within
New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
The Supervisor, Revenue Cycle/Reconciliation in the Northern region
of the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH), under the general
direction of the Manager of Cash Posting & Reconciliation,
supervises the day to day functions operations of the Cash Posting
and Reconciliation Department. In addition, ensures all existing
contracts are loaded correctly into Epic's Reimbursement Contract
Management module for the Northern Region.
1. Develop testing scripts for Epic Reimbursement Contract
2. Validate integrity of data output of Epic Contract
3. Responsible for ensuring timeliness of loading new contract in
4. Ensure modification to Reimbursement Contract Management system
is working efficiently.
5. Ensure DRG in the EPIC system are upgraded or loaded to current
6. Areas of responsibility, supervision of the day-to-day
activities of Cash Posting, Adjudication of account, Denial
posting, Refund Processing and Monthly reporting of Cash Receipt &
posting to Finance for the Northern Region.
7. Trend, analyze & report issues on Managed Care Contracts,
Contract Management and other Payer related topics to be included
in weekly Managed Care & Supervisors meeting in order for
department to be kept abreast of issues or changes affecting the
department on Payer Services.
8. Approve or reject patient & insurance refunds within the
9. Supervise all line personnel responsible for Cash Posting &
Reconciliation and related functions for the Northern Region.
10. Assist management to develop monitoring and control mechanisms
to evaluate employee's performance relating to efficiency, accuracy
and professional courtesy while interacting with Managed Care
Organizations and other departments and Agencies.
11. Monitors Collector's Workstation and Credit balance report to
ensure the goal of timely and proper posting of transactions to
patients' accounts. This ensures achievement of Accounts Receivable
days/ aging & ensures maximum revenue achieve by identifying
12. Ensure that established functional standard of productivity is
met. Review staff performance in relationship to the standard
established. Responsible for identifying underperforming areas.
Assist management in implementing corrective actions on
underperforming areas. Ensure the internal control in place is
being followed for Northern Region.
13. Interview, select, orient and train new employees. Conduct
ongoing counseling and education sessions. Determines job
objectives and work methods.
14. Responsible for designing and administering educational
training for staff. Ensures that appropriate staff is fully
15. Authorizes vacation schedules, control of hours worked and
payroll reports, review performance appraisals, personal
development, safety, discipline with each employee.
16. Responsible for timely communication to management of progress,
problems, and solutions or any significant factor affecting the
17. Ensures that the request for information from Billing,
Follow-Up, Collection, Customer Service, Cashier's, Reconciliation,
Administration and other areas are carried out timely. Maintain
helpful and supportive relationships with each other and staff
within Finance and other departments to resolve issues by their own
effort whenever feasible.
18. Monthly reporting & Reconciliation of Cash received & Cash
posted with Finance.
19. Ensure that the enhancements to the departmental procedural
systems that will make the operations of the payment, adjustment,
denial posting and processing of credit balance more efficient are
being monitored, this is key to success of Revenue Cycle.
20. Ensure that the Policies & Procedures developed for the
department is appropriately communicated to the staff.
21. Other duties and projects as assigned.
22. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree in Business or Healthcare Administration
and/or a related field.
2. Minimum of 4 years' experience in Healthcare billing,
Collections in Hospital/Insurance Co.
3. Experience in account analysis, good accounting skills, strong
analytical skill, good communication & interpersonal skills
4. Proficient in Windows Suite & Hospital Billing system.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Strong technical skills, working knowledge of data bases.
2. Strong knowledge of Reporting software's, (Business Object,
Express Query, HealthCare Query).
3. A minimum of three (3) years of Supervisory experience
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Epic Resolute Hospital Billing Fundamentals to be obtained after
1 year of hire.
2. Epic Resolute Hospital Billing Expected Reimbursement Contracts
to be obtained after 1 year of hire.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Supervisor, Revenue Cycle/Reconciliation, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!