Sr. Data Analyst
Company: Veolia Environnement SA
Posted on: September 14, 2023
About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a
full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services,
including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous
waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource
recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher
education and municipality customers throughout North America.
Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than
10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the
continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com.
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off
policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In
addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer
sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for
employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective
This position consults with cross-functional teams to identify data
and analytical needs, gather the necessary data, conduct detailed
analyses, review actionable insights/findings with leadership to
assist in their decision making, and facilitate related
process/data improvement efforts.
- Derive insights from data analysis, conduct root-cause analysis
of operational issues identified by the data, and provide
recommendations to remediate operational issues.
- Transform raw data and analysis into data visualizations and
interactive dashboards using dashboard tools.
- Drive understanding of our customers and their interaction with
our contact center and customer operations teams, through in-depth
analyses of customer interaction, engagement, and transcribed
- Answer complex business questions via SQL (or similar) queries
to enable business owners to make critical decisions.
- Investigate to identify problematic trends that may impact
customer experience and operational metrics negatively.
- Support customer operations projects, initiatives and decision
making with business and data analysis.
- Recommend changes in business model and processes to achieve
efficiencies or experience improvements.
- Participate in operational discussions for problem resolution
and be able to communicate complicated business/technical
- Improve data culture by providing data visualization ready to
- Assist with the development of requirements, testing, training
documents, SOPs and related materials for customer operation
projects, applications and services.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Analytics, Statistics, Economics or
- 5+ years of experience in Data Analytics.
- Manage, transform, and analyze data using SQL or similar
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Power BI and
- Comfortable with ambiguity with the ability to challenge
traditional thinking to solve problems.
- Ability to translate business language into technical
- Ability to clean, wrangle, and transform large, complex data
sources, using fit-for-purpose data analysis techniques to generate
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Access and
Google skills: Sheets, Slides, etc. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work on complex projects and meet
deliverables within tight timeframes.
- The ability to prioritize and work independently and flexibly
within a fast-paced environment is a must.
- The ability to work under time pressures to meet unanticipated
- Demonstrated sound judgment with ability to take calculated
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and
attention to detail.
- Experience in implementations, process improvements, controls
improvements or similar projects.
- Strong technical skills, business intelligence, and a full
understanding of the needs of the organization and its long-term
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal teams and
- Ability to partner with multiple departments and interact with
all levels in an organization.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to pay
attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact
effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Have the ability to balance a large volume of work that may
- Maintain a positive, proactive, cooperative work ethic at all
- Ability to synthesize data and translate insights into
relevant, usable, actionable strategic and tactical
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits
information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company
reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject
to applicable law.
Keywords: Veolia Environnement SA, Hackensack , Sr. Data Analyst, Professions , Paramus, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!