Go to Market Supply Chain Director
Posted on: September 9, 2019
We are Upfield, a global expert in plant-based butters, creams and
spreads. We believe in great tasting plant-based alternatives to
everything dairy. Upfield with more than 100 brands, including
Becel, Flora, Country Crock, Blue Band, I Can't Believe It's Not
Butter, Rama and ProActiv, operates in 95 countries around the
world, with number 1 brand positions in 49 countries. Upfield's six
business units cover Northwest Europe, Southwest Europe and Central
and Eastern Europe, North America, Middle/Latin America and
Asia/Africa. The company employs more than 3,500 Associates
In this leadership role, the Director of GTM Supply Chain will
strategize and lead the new brands' operational introduction to
market, brand relaunch & new SKUs' launch ensuring all supply chain
pillars are executed with excellence. In addition, this person will
lead all operational aspects of Logistics
(transportation/warehousing), while partnering with our field sales
in leading our Customer Service group. Driving the S&OP process
with the cross-functional teams, focusing on delivering the best
service for our customers and developing a best in class operating
The Director, GTM SC is a leader responsible for, both, a smooth
and speedy launch as well as adequate inventory depletion planning
in the organization, enabling the company to accomplish its
financial and operational goals, while minimizing cost out of the
supply chain. In summary, this is a key leadership role,
responsible for the single largest market at Upfield, responsible
for Planning, Innovations, Logistics and Customer Service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, both, launch & depletion strategies through a series
of what-if analysis building on the financial considerations for
the brand launch.
- Drive the operational cadence of various businesses and
functions to drive the definition, measurement and tracking of key
strategic and operational initiatives.
- Responsible for all launch operational aspects including
inventory transition planning, inventory budgeting, Master Data set
up and more.
- Work in conjunction with the integrated planning & strategic
sourcing supply chain teams to develop an end-to-end supply base
for all launches to allow a compatible supply chain strategy for
- Build and nourish external key partners to support inventory
depletion as needed.
- Lead all logistics and warehousing activities that will
optimize the network and improve cost.
- Partner with Brand & Sales teams to develop & execute inventory
depletion strategies in the market.
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to co-develop JIT manufacturing
strategies targeting an efficient and speedy market launches.
Lead strategic Customer initiatives partnering with key Customers
on new Product Launches
Drive & Lead E2E execution.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership & inspirational skills.
- Proven team building experience with ability to attract,
develop and retain a high performing/scalable team, creating a
world-class operations organization.
- Stellar track record of achieving high business impact via
process, organizational improvements, and infrastructure change in
lean, fast-paced environments.
- In-depth knowledge of brand launches and operational
excellence, speed to market, scenario analysis and inventory
optimization across multiple business models.
- Proven background in stage gate process management, preferably
in a CPG environment.
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization,
facilitate cross-functional teams and influence change.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Well-rounded experience in all facets of Operations, including
planning, purchasing, production, sourcing and supply chain,
inventory management and logistics.
- Proven ability to frame a strategy, then drive and support
- Results-driven leader, prioritizing and setting expectations
- Strong communicator that balances actively listening with a
strong, persuasive and clearly articulated point of view that
drives teams forward in a clear and aligned direction.
- Innate systems thinker that collaborates across the
organization to facilitate business process innovation and
- 12+ years progressively increasing responsibility in supply
chain management with at least 7 years of management experience,
specifically in project launches and preferably leading stage gate
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Discipline; Masters in
Operations or Supply Chain preferred.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, with proven
collaborative and leadership skills with focus on resolution while
At Upfield our purpose is clear making people healthier and happier
with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which
are good for our planet!
Keywords: Upfield, Hackensack , Go to Market Supply Chain Director, Professions , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!