Posted on: January 16, 2020
The Talbots Sales Associate provides an exceptional selling and
customer service experience that promotes the product and supports
the brand. Sales Associates must demonstrate selling competence,
styling expertise and possess a love of fashion. Sales Associates
are accountable for achieving productivity goals by using product
knowledge using selling tools and available resources.
- Possess a strong drive, ambition, and passion for overall sales
achievement and provide an exceptional brand experience.
- Communicate professionally and in a timely manner with
customers, associates and corporate partners.
- Maximize individual performance by accepting direction,
coaching and feedback.
- Participate in learning opportunities and store meetings.
- Complete projects as assigned including stock assignments and
keeping the selling floor to standard.
Sales and Service:
- Demonstrate a high level of selling and customer service skills
to achieve sales.
- Use Company tools to develop strong selling skills and
reinforce the brand vision.
- Achieve sales and service metrics in key measureable areas
including: UPTs, DPTs, emails, Talbots Classic Awards and customer
- Service multiple customers at a time, multi-task and/or handle
- Take an active role in assisting the management team to build
- Ensure exceptional selling interactions that guarantee
meaningful experiences and build brand relationships.
- Support all service enhancers to build strong relationships,
including active use of Personal Business Binder and Style by
- Maintain professional appearance that reflects the brand
- Aware of fashion trends, particularly the brand vision for each
- Seek information about all new arrivals, including product
knowledge about fit, color, fashion, etc.
- Use product knowledge and fashion expertise to create outfits
for customers and suggest items to match their needs.
- High School Degree
- Specialty retailing experience preferred
- Outstanding sales results and record / track record
- Work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and
- Requires ability to move about in a store including standing,
walking, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs,
carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the
body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 25 pounds.
Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- Operating computer systems with intermediate computer and
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general
nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job.
It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and
responsibilities and is subject to change.
Keywords: Talbots, Hackensack , sales associate, Sales , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!