Unit Services Representative
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: October 14, 2019
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of
our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every
day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health
teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities,
our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your
skills in multiple settings while building your career all within
New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
The Unit Services Representative acts as a `welcome ambassador' to
facilitate and maintain positive guest relations with our patients,
family members, visitors and physicians by welcoming and explaining
hospital and unit policies and procedures, and addressing problems
and concerns. The Representative also performs clerical support for
the unit and Nurse Manager.
***This is a Full-Time, Evening shift position.
1. Facilitates the flow of communication from patient, family
member and/or visitor to hospital staff to maintain good working
relationships essential to the accomplishment of assigned duties
and enhanced delivery of health care.
2. Answers telephone in a courteous and professional manner.
3. Maintains supply levels, tracks and maintains equipment and
orders replacements in a timely manner.
4. Assists patients and families with any non-clinical questions,
concerns and / or personal needs they may have (i.e. belongings,
delays, support departments, etc.).
5. Provides clerical support in completing Advance Directives
including documentation, informing the physician and collaborating
with Consumer Affairs.
6. Creates awareness of patient satisfaction on the unit by
accessing and printing unit data, comments and individual surveys,
and managing public displays with this information, i.e.
7. Orients the patient to the unit and room and reviews the welcome
handbook and what to expect including instructions for the
television, the telephone, meal ordering, visiting policy, parking,
discharge options and other non-clinical needs.
8. Acts as a service recovery champion by maintaining the materials
and tracking requirements.
9. Handles routing inquiries / issues, and directs patient
complaints to appropriate individual with complete information.
Proactively seeks out issues and addresses them.
10. Assures the environment of the area is in appropriate condition
and free of safety concerns. Reports safety concerns to
11. Initiates help desk tickets to resolve any IT issues and works
to resolve other equipment problems as they occur.
12. Promotes patient safety by participating in one-to-one patient
observation as assigned, i.e. patient sitting.
13. Assists in escorting patients and visitors to and from the unit
or department, as needed.
14. Takes minutes at staff meetings.
15. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or
primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
16. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Proficient computer skills.
3. Possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented in
order to facilitate information, multiple tasks, and accurate
completion of all required procedures.
4. To work every other weekend.
5. To work three (3) out of six (6) holidays.
6. To work rotating schedule/shifts based on needs.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. 2 years experience in front desk, reception or customer service
2. Proficiency in a second language.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Unit Services Representative, Sales , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!